Among the Apex Legends characters roster, Lifeline is commonly (and rightly) thought of as the healer or support class; but despite this, she has absolutely no trouble dishing out as much damage to her foes as anyone. There are some excellent reasons to play as Lifeline beyond offering a helping hand to your teammates, and our Apex Legends Lifeline guide is the perfect place to start your journey with her. We’ll walk you through each of her abilities in turn, along with tips and info on how to use each to the best of your abilities.
On this page:
To experience this #content, you will need to enable targeting cookies. Yes, we know. Sorry.
Click the above image to view it at highest resolution.
Apex Legends characters all have differently sized hitboxes, a fact which caused a bit of controversy in the early days of the battle royale. Nowadays, the discrepancies in hitbox size are addressed by two additional Passives shared out among several Legends:
- Fortified is for the larger Legends (Caustic and Gibraltar), and gives them a 15% damage reduction and immunity to slowdown when hit by bullets.
- Low Profile is for the smaller, harder to hit Legends (Lifeline, Pathfinder, Wraith, and Wattson) and makes them take 5% more damage from all sources.
It’s quite clear looking at the above comparison image why Lifeline is one of those select few Legends given the Low Profile treatment. She’s considerably harder to hit than most, which works very much in her favour.
Finally, let’s finish up with some more general tips and tricks on winning Apex Legends matches as Lifeline.
- Ultimate Accelerants belong to you. If there is a Lifeline on your team, then all Ultimate Accelerants should go to her. Her ult is the most powerful for your squad as a whole, and also the most lengthy to charge.
- Look for every opportunity to make use of your abilities. While you can play independently as Lifeline, you are the primary healer of your group and you must check on your teammates during fights to see if anyone needs your assistance.
- Don’t be greedy with Care Package loot. A rising tide raises all boats. Don’t hoard all your Care Package loot for yourself. Just because you call it down doesn’t mean it belongs to you. Share with your teammates.
Congratulations! You are now an expert at playing Lifeline. Can you feel all that newfound knowledge and experience pulsing through your synapses? For full details and opinions on all of the characters together, take a look at our Apex Legends characters guide for everything you need.